Friday, February 14, 2014

D&D 40th Anniversary, Day 14

Did you meet your significant other while playing D&D?  Does he or she still play?

Well, that would be quite a story, wouldn't it?  But no, I hadn't played in several years when I met my future wife on a social networking site in 2008.  She did know I was (and still am) a bit of a nerd, considering that she was well aware of my interest in economics and my aspirations to write and publish fantasy novels, and also made a point of asking me not to talk about zombies when I met her parents for the first time.  With all that stuff in my background, D&D wasn't a surprise to her.

It turns out, though, that when she was a kid, a few of her cousins used to shut themselves away in a room together and play D&D.  She knew very little about it, but was interested enough to join the group when I started running a game for my brother's family.  So we have played together, and probably will again in the future.  I couldn't ask for a better match than that.

No comments :

Post a Comment