I'm not usually keen on New Year's resolutions, but I have a few things I want to accomplish, and a few missteps I'd prefer not to repeat, so what the hell, let's go ahead and make it internet official.
1. Finish my fantasy heartbreaker project, a.k.a. Goblins & Greatswords. Also actually play-test it. (See item 5, below.)
2. Publish something. I've been writing about RPGs for a few years now, and I still haven't produced anything other than blog posts. I'm not sure what, exactly, but I'm leaning toward some micro-settings, such as I've been talking about the last couple posts. Probably free; at most pay what you want.
3. Pick up the pencils and sketch pad and draw something. I used to dabble in D&D-inspired art, but I haven't done much in the last 20 years or so. Maybe "art" is too strong a word for what I did, but I'd still like to do some again. Plus, you know, if I'm going to publish a game-related product, it might be nice to have even some mediocre art to take up space on a few pages.
4. Post more consistently. I think averaging a post a week is a reasonable goal to shoot for. As a corollary resolution, no more long hiatuses stemming from anxiety/depression breakdowns. If nothing else, I should at least be able to hammer out an idea for a new monster or magic item or something once a week.
5. Play the goddamn game again! It's been way too long since I've done more than think and write about it. If the nieces and nephews aren't interested anymore, I'll just have to bite the bullet and go to a game store or something.